2021-2022 Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for UAGC will be available starting May 10 through May 21, 2021. There are minimal changes this year with a few enhancements.
Open Enrollment Resources Direct Link
To learn more about what’s new and what’s changing this year, please take a look at all of the resources offered to you:
- Benefits Guide: A four-page summary (Coming soon!) of our benefits that includes the costs for medical, dental and vision plans.
- Live webinar session: Join us for a live open enrollment webinar where you will get an overview presentation of all our benefit offerings:
- Wednesday April 21st at 11AM PT | 1PM CT | Join the live session
- 1:1 Office Hours: Schedule a 1:1 session with a benefits representative to get all your questions answered
- Wednesday May 12th & 19th from 10AM – 2PM PT | 12PM – 4PM CT | Schedule my appointment
- Benefits Service Center: You can call our Benefits Service Center directly with questions (888) UAGC-BEN (888-824-2236)
- Cigna: You can call Cigna directly:
- Call the pre-enrollment line at (800) 401-4041 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How to Enroll Direct Link
When open enrollment starts (May 10th), you will receive a new task in your Workday inbox called “Open Enrollment Change”. Follow the steps in the below guide to complete your open enrollment changes:
Helpful tips for when completing open enrollment:
- If you need to add new dependent(s) to your benefits, you will need to add your dependent(s) to your Workday profile first. Follow the steps in the How to Add Dependent(s) guide for instructions.
- If you need to add a new beneficiary to your life insurance, you will need to add your beneficiary to your Workday profile first (if they are not already added as a dependent). Follow the steps in the How to Add Beneficiaries guide for instructions.
Enrollment must be completed by Friday, May 21st
- Once you’ve completed enrollment you can print or save your Benefit Confirmation Statement for your records. Your new elections will not reflect in Workday until July 1st.
For Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), you must make a new election each year if you wish to continue this benefit. Your election will not roll over from year to year.